A Genuine Pilates Studio
VIM Pilates Studio was founded in 2006 by Eric and Vichael.
Both Eric and Vichael are certified personal trainer. Since they were exposed to Pilates in 2005, they love the excellent exercise. The more they learned about Pilates, the more they believed in its merits.
They looked for the best Pilates training institute. Thus, they went abroad to attend the quality instructor training of STOTT PILATES®, which is world-renowned for its scientific and systematic approach.
Now, VIM Pilates is the Licensed Training Centre of STOTT PILATES® in Hong Kong. That means the fully-equipped Pilates studios is the only studio providing the world-class instructor training and workshops in the city.
Vichael is the only STOTT PILATES®Certified Instructor Trainer in Hong Kong. His quality teaching is well recognized by his clients, students and apprentice instructors.
Vichael enjoys helping peoples realign their body, improve their posture and get rid of the related muscle pain. His passion is sustained by the improvement seen on the clients!
Eric also finished all certification education of STOTT PILATES®. Incorporating Pilates in his personal fitness training, he made his programs more effective and efficient. Listen to one of his clients and you will see how they adore Eric.
“A combination of regular fitness training and Pilates has given me much improved posture, greater stamina and strength. Eric, my personal trainer, keeps me interested with new exercises and challenges. He is also very persistent.” Teresa, a Barrister in Law.
Hi! My name is Jeannette and I am a STOTT PILATES® certified instructor. I discovered Pilates more than 3 years ago, during my search for a more challenging and exciting new sporting activity. Fitness and sports has been my passion for over 15 years. But my ultimate passion and what I am truly excited about is Pilates. Thanks to Pilates my muscles are now strong and lean, as compared to my previously bulky muscles! But, most importantly, it has made me extremely body conscious and I am able to apply Pilates to all aspects of my active lifestyle and daily activities! The pleasure I have derived from educating, coaching, and training clients has been fulfilling and rewarding.
My mission now is to introduce Pilates to all, and help change people's lives as Pilates has had a great impact in changing mine.
Kevin used to be a personal fitness trainer and swimming coach. He then also became fully certified STOTT PILATES®instructor after amazed by the benefits of Pilates training. He loves sports such as golf, swimming, tennis and wakeboard which are all complemented by the core training of Pilates. With his strong instructor and coaching experience, Kevin’s caring nature creates a safe environment for students to explore and challenge the potential in their body with special attention according to their needs. He likes teaching beginners and it is gratifying to see people transforming their body and mind thru the consistent practice of STOTT PILATES® method.
Hi, I’m Maria. I first discovered Pilates many years ago as rehabilitation for my back pain and sciatica. Experiencing the enormous benefits of Pilates, my interest grew and eventually led me to complete the full range of STOTT PILATES® instructor training and became a fully certified STOTT PILATES® instructor.
Pilates has changed my life! I no longer have any pain and feel as if I’ve been given a fresh start. I am dedicated to my practice and will continue to learn about Pilates. I hope to share my knowledge with others to help them overcome their physical limitations and gain the many benefits of STOTT PILATES®.
Nicole is a sports lover, swimming, hiking, ice-skating and yoga are all her favourites. She started practicing STOTT PILATES® years ago, and found that it is the most effective exercise to tone up the muscles and to improve the body alignment. She is a certified STOTT PILATES® instructor in Matwork and Reformer.
World-class Pilates Education
STOTT PILATES® Licensed Training Center
STOTT PILATES® is renowned for its high-quality instructor training. At VIM, you can take any of the certification courses as follow:
- Intensive Mat-Plus [IMP]
- Intensive Reformer [IR]
- Intensive Cadillac, Chair & Barrels [ICCB]
- Advanced Matwork [AM]
- Advanced Reformer [AR]
- Advanced Cadillac, Chair & Barrels [ACCB]
- Injuries and Special Populations [ISP]
General Course Objectives are as follows:
- How to apply STOTT PILATES® biomechanical principles of core stability, peripheral mobility, breathing and alignment to relevant exercises
- Breakdown essential and intermediate level exercises
- Exercise essence, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
- Variations to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- Effective communication, visual skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
To meet the needs of different instructors as well as serious Pilates practitioners, workshops in different topics will be organized from time to time. We also offer on-site workshops for other clubs or institutions.
To learn more about the certification courses or workshops, please feel free to contact email@example.com. We also sell STOTT Pilates equipment, manuals and DVDs.
Holistic Mind-body Training
Catering to different interests and needs of different clients, we provide choices in terms of types of training and packages.
Choice of Types of Training
Matwork, Reformer, Cadillac, Stability Chair and Barrels are all available.
Pilates-based exercises working on different equipment including TRX and Redcord for your fitness conditioning
Choice of Packages
Per Visit Per Person Package of 10 Sessions Private - One-on-one basis $880 $7,800 ($780/session) Duets - 2 participants $550 $5,000 ($500/session)
Per Visit Per Person Package of 10 Sessions Pilates Reformer Classes -
Maximum of 6 participants
$300 $2,200 ($220/session) Pilates Matwork Classes -
Maximum of 10 participants
$200 $1,600 ($160/session)
- Packages of 10 sessions are valid for 4 months commencing from the date of purchase.
- Private and Duet packages are applicable for Pilates and Fitness Training.
- Package costs are on per-person basis.
- Each session lasts for 55 minutes. For those who join Duets (Semi-private) or Group Sessions, you are welcomed to come with friends. Or you can join by yourself and we will form the group for you.
Choice of Equipment
We also sell Pilates equipment. If you need equipment, manuals or DVD from STOTT PILATES®, you may check with us for available stocks.
What exactly is Pilates?
Pilates is a system of over 500 controlled exercises that engage the mind and condition the total body. It is a balanced blend of strength and flexibility training that improves posture, reduces stress and creates long, lean muscles without bulking up. Pilates works several muscle groups simultaneously through smooth, continuous motion, with a particular concentration on strengthening and stabilizing the core (the abdomen, back and pelvic girdle region, sometimes referred to as the "powerhouse"). The focus is on quality of movement rather than quantity, which makes one feel invigorated rather than exhausted after a session. Pilates takes a balanced approach so that no muscle group is overworked and the body works as an efficient, holistic system in sport and daily activity. Pilates exercises can be performed on a mat or on specialized equipment such as a Pilates Reformer, Pilates Cadillac and Ladder Barrel.
What are the benefits of Pilates?
With regular committed Pilates workouts you can expect to:
- Improve strength, flexibility and balance
- Tone and build long, lean muscles without bulk
- Challenge deep abdominal muscles to support the core
- Engage the mind and enhance body awareness
- Condition efficient patterns of movement making the body less prone to injury
- Reduce stress, relieve tension, boost energy through deep stretching
- Restore postural alignment
- Create a stronger, more flexible spine
- Promote recovery from strain or injury
- Increase joint range of motion
- Improve circulation
- Heighten neuromuscular coordination
- Offer relief from back pain and joint stress
- Correct over-training of muscle groups which can lead to stress and injury
- Enhance mobility, agility and stamina
- Compliment sports training and develop functional fitness for daily life activity
- Improve the way your body looks and feels
What age group is Pilates for?
Pilates can be beneficial for virtually all ages, fitness levels and body conditions. The method is like a bridge between physical fitness and physical therapy, and can be adapted, modified and customized for individual needs. Some advanced moves and sequences seem to demand youthful energy yet others are manageable for even the frailest physique. It's more about fitness condition than age. One's chronological number doesn't necessarily limit one's movement capabilities - sometimes a 75 year old can perform contortions on the Cadillac while a 20 year old struggles with a simple roll up.
What's better, mat or equipment Pilates exercises?
It's not a matter of one being better than another. The fundamental Pilates workout can be performed on a Pilates mat alone, and great results can be achieved through beginner, intermediate and advanced moves. However, the various equipment pieces such as the Reformer, Cadillac and Chair incorporate light spring resistance that works like concentric and eccentric muscle contractions to safely sculpt, tone and stretch the muscles. The Arc Barrels and Ladder provide support that allows you to safely manipulate your body to stretch and engage muscles otherwise challenging to isolate. Smaller Pilates equipment pieces such Flex bands, Fitness circles and Stability balls also provide an element of variety and focus to a Pilates regimen. A complete and satisfying workout can involve exercises on the mat alone or can be combined with various pieces of specially designed Pilates equipment. Each session can offer variety so that no two workouts are alike.
How often should I do Pilates?
Try to work out 2-4 times a week, taking a day off in between sessions to rest or enjoy some kind of cardiovascular activity (walking, bicycling, swimming). This kind of regular, consistent practice will help you make the mind-body connection and integrate the various Pilates principles. You should start seeing and feeling results in about 10 to15 sessions.
What should I look for in a Pilates instructor?
Ideally your Pilates instructor should be certified through a comprehensive Pilates training program, one comprised of lectures, observation, practice, hands-on apprenticing plus a written and practical examination. This level of training is especially important if you are going to be working out on any of the specialized Pilates equipment - some courses only cover mat exercises while others educate trainers in the full range of apparatus. Find out if your trainer is educated in handling clients with specific injuries or body conditions that might warrant a modified approach. A professional Pilates instructor should keep up with the latest developments in exercise science, choreography, small prop usage and more through continuing education workshops. Whether you are working out in a group setting or one-on-one personal training, make sure your Pilates instructor is confident, knowledgeable, responsive and personable so you can have a safe and effective experience.
What kind of classes can I take in a Pilates studio?
Every Pilates studio, health club and fitness facility has its own program, however the following types of classes are often available.
- Group mat class: This is a great place for beginners to start, and a fun, social way to continue Pilates practice. Ideally these classes have a manageable student-teacher ratio (ideally less than 10 students) so the instructor can monitor each individual's form and progress.
- Group Reformer class: With the advent of smaller, more economical Reformers, more and more fitness clubs are adding group Reformer classes to their Pilates roster. However, smaller group size is recommended. STOTT PILATES recommended 6 students at maximum.
- Session for 2 students: These small group sessions are a little more economical per participant than a private session, but still allows for plenty of individual assessment, guidance and monitoring. Various mat and equipment exercises can be approached in these sessions.
- Private one-on-one session: A personal training session is the most effective way to learn, practice and perfect your Pilates performance. The instructor devotes undivided attention to your specific needs and develops a custom program for optimum results.
Will I lose weight through Pilates exercises?
In essence, Pilates exercise is not a cardiovascular workout and burning calories is not its main focus. However, in conjunction with a sensible diet and some cardio work such as brisk walking, bicycling, aerobics or swimming, Pilates can factor into a weight loss program.
Pilates exercises help strengthen, sculpt and tone the body while building long, lean muscles. Whether the number on the scale goes down or not, you will tend to look and feel better through continued Pilates practice.
Can I do Pilates if I'm pregnant?
There is a lot of debate on the subject of Pilates and pregnancy and exercise in general. Generally speaking, moderate exercise is safe throughout a normal, healthy pregnancy and many gentle Pilates exercises are appropriate. However, keep the following cautions in mind.
- Do not over-exert the abdominal muscles to avoid diastasis recti (separation of the abdominal muscles).
- Take care of you lower back, which can be strained with the weight of the fetus.
- Avoid all Pilates exercises that require you to lie on your back. The American Council of Obstetrics and Gynecology cautions women in the second trimester of pregnancy against doing any exercises that require this position as it can compromise the vascular system of both the mother and fetus.
- Do not over-stretch, as relaxin and progesterone levels increase during pregnancy causing the ligaments around the joints to become lax, loose and vulnerable.
- Be aware that your center of gravity and therefore your sense of balance have changed.
- Do not start a brand new exercise regimen in the first trimester.
To be safe during pregnancy, only practice Pilates under the guidance of a professional Pilates instructor who has been trained to teach women in this condition.
- Address: 19/F QRE Plaza, 202 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
- Studio Hours: Mondays – Fridays : 9am – 10pm / Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays : 9am – 6pm
- Telephone: 2572-2683
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.vim-pilates.com
We also offer customized Pilates training and workshops to different countries, including but not limited to Thailand. For enquiries, you may call or email to our Hong Kong Studio. Or you can direct it to K. Chanthip in Bangkok via phone at 668-555-06789.
- Address: 19/F QRE Plaza, 202 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong